One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Careful examination or scrutiny.‘on closer inspection it looked like a fossil’‘please have your tickets ready for inspection’‘we carry out regular safety inspections’
examination, check, check-up, survey, scrutiny, look-over, probe, exploration, perusal, view, scan, observation, investigation, assessment, appraisal, review, evaluationView synonyms
- ‘They in turn must take inspections and see if the encroachments have been permanently removed.’
- ‘We also encountered a degree of hostility while carrying out our inspections.’
- ‘Such inspections are conducted only on the basis of complaints and to verify discrepancies.’
- ‘Usually, a purchaser should rely upon his own inspection and his surveyor's report.’
- ‘That explains why Reed started his own company specializing in pipeline inspections.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.