One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Showing a casual lack of concern; indifferent.‘an insouciant shrug’
nonchalant, untroubled, unworried, unruffled, unconcerned, lacking concern, indifferent, blasé, heedless, relaxed, calm, equable, equanimous, serene, composed, casual, easy, easy-going, airy, breezy, carefree, free and easy, free from care, free from worry, happy-go-lucky, light-hearted, frivolous, unseriousView synonyms
- ‘They always seemed so blasé, so effortlessly cool; insouciant, suntanned, with great clothes.’
- ‘The path arcs along the curve of the precipice, a 3,000-foot drop just inches away, but Douré is surefooted, singing quietly, insouciant.’
- ‘In this regard several essays published in 1987 clearly mark a turning point, not to mention the insouciant crashing of psychoanalytic theory on the Black Studies scene.’
- ‘But whatever the insouciant stage persona said, underneath Smith desperately wanted approval.’
- ‘Extant anthropoids appear to be blithely insouciant to such syndromes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.