One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of Buddhist mediation that employs concentration sharply focused on bodily sensations and mental events, practiced with the intention of gaining insight into reality.
- ‘In vipassana, or insight meditation, the practitioner consciously explores the body and mind.’
- ‘It is impossible to practise insight meditation without having reached at least the level of calm of the first jhana.’
- ‘Also known as insight meditation, Vipassana is one of India's most ancient meditation techniques.’
- ‘Nyanaponika Thera has written a similarly lucid book on insight meditation, The Heart of Buddhist Meditation.’
- ‘Vipassana, or insight meditation, is the practice of continued close attention to sensation, through which one ultimately sees the true nature of existence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.