One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of Buddhist mediation that employs concentration sharply focused on bodily sensations and mental events, practiced with the intention of gaining insight into reality.
- ‘Also known as insight meditation, Vipassana is one of India's most ancient meditation techniques.’
- ‘Vipassana, or insight meditation, is the practice of continued close attention to sensation, through which one ultimately sees the true nature of existence.’
- ‘It is impossible to practise insight meditation without having reached at least the level of calm of the first jhana.’
- ‘In vipassana, or insight meditation, the practitioner consciously explores the body and mind.’
- ‘Nyanaponika Thera has written a similarly lucid book on insight meditation, The Heart of Buddhist Meditation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.