One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Indulged and defended by successive Mail editors he continued to highlight the insidiousness of the apartheid regime and its increasing desperation.’
- ‘I don't underestimate the insidiousness of both visible and hidden surveillance technologies.’
- ‘Asthma has become a common ailment in modern society, as the deteriorating environment and stress work their insidiousness against the human body.’
- ‘Slowly, with an insidiousness no one recognized, those businesses began to disappear until now many of the buildings sit empty and abandoned.’
- ‘But for five Irish teenagers, the magnifying glass doesn't reveal the insidiousness of California - it only inflates its lure and significance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.