One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crime committed by or with the assistance of a person living or working on the premises where it occurred.
- ‘Could this be an inside job or a staged kidnapping?’
- ‘There is a strong possibility that nine out of 10 times, the thefts are more of an inside job than anything else.’
- ‘Was some of the looting an inside job by criminals with keys to the vaults?’
- ‘I speak of robberies at our leading hotels that many believe to be inside jobs - one reason why there have been no arrests.’
- ‘It's alleged that the theft may have been an inside job.’
- ‘Exploiting that to try to convince people of your crackpot ideas that the terrorist attacks were an inside job makes me want to kick you.’
- ‘Ironically, banks probably lose more money to inside jobs than over the counter stick-ups.’
- ‘Sure enough, it's looking like an inside job, and then a Florida town is struck with devastating results-thousands are dead and the thieves are threatening to poison all of L.A. with their stolen booty.’
- ‘If, in fact, it's a kidnapping case, of course, is that an inside job or unknown intruder or acquaintance?’
- ‘He dismissed recent suggestions that police were swinging back to believing the March break-in was an inside job carried out by an intelligence organisation.’
- ‘Given the security at the plant, any potential theft likely would have to be at least partly an inside job.’
- ‘Orchestrated inside jobs seemed to be the consensus, with brake lines and fuel lines being tampered with.’
- ‘If they are searched then one has to come to the conclusion that it is an inside job.’
- ‘Lowe said the break-in was ‘either an inside job, or the security at the village is a complete farce’.’
- ‘The precision of the thieves' actions suggests either that they were professional criminals, or that the thefts were to some degree an inside job.’
- ‘General, finally, if indeed this is an inside job, I want to ask you about the bribery aspect.’
- ‘In this case, though, prosecutors say the scam was an inside job.’
- ‘The fact is that perhaps 15,000 objects were stolen, with some indications pointing to an inside job.’
- ‘It was obvious it was an inside job, because there was no damage.’
- ‘We can't rule out that it's an inside job, but I really don't think so.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.