One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's an occasionally amusing, often painful drama about loss, pain, betrayal, insensitiveness and prejudice.’
- ‘I have never experienced such indifference to personal feelings, such insensitiveness towards the sanctity of the dead.’
- ‘And, finally, there was the unforgettable anger of one of the two HIV infected persons invited to speak when he perceived a tone of insensitiveness in a question, a signal that many of us have still to change our attitudes.’
- ‘Paternalism must not be totally rejected because it is sometimes confused with authoritarianism - the latter reflects insensitiveness, disrespect for patient autonomy and integrity, and desire for power.’
- ‘Low self-control included the following factors: lack of resistance to immediate gratification, impulsiveness, insensitiveness, physical risk taking, shortsightedness, and being unable to express problems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.