One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Relating to insects.‘the insectan orders’
- ‘Because the insectan sandgropers spend virtually their whole lives underground, they have been difficult subjects for study and little was known about their biology until recently.’
- ‘The insectan nervous system evolved from the segmented system of annelid worms, such as the earthworm.’
- ‘Apart from that, being in one of the megadiverse countries in insect diversity, I had the opportunity to work on various insectan orders, from the caddisflies to beetles for the past 20 years.’
- ‘They are of less frequent occurrence in insects, but the chemistry of the secretion of insectan hairs, to the extent that it is known, can be of interest.’
- ‘The positive allometry of flight speeds ensures that translational speeds of volant vertebrate predators substantially exceed those of their insectan prey.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.