An Italian-style salad.‘insalata verde’
- ‘To start, I ordered the insalata do pomodoro pino, tomato salad with mozzarella and anchovies at £4.80.’
- ‘Let the masses eat powdered eggs - he's already stocked with the ingredients to make insalata di tonno and cannellini e cipolla.’
- ‘The panini are pretty good too, especially the one that manages to compress an entire insalata caprese into the space of a toasted sandwich.’
- ‘You might creep in at midnight with intent to rustle up scrambled eggs on toast but the kitchen will sneer, preferring free-range huevos rancheros with a little insalata mixta on the side.’
- ‘The insalata mista was full of dense, smoky flavours emanating from meaty mushrooms referred to as ‘funghetti trifoli’ and ‘pancetta’ sliced so thinly that it was hard to differentiate from prosciutto.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.