One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Modifying the force or speed of contraction of muscles.
- ‘Key exclusion criteria were acute illness requiring prolonged hospitalization and use of an intravenous positive inotropic agent or a vasodilator within four days of randomization.’
- ‘It has therapeutic use in congestive heart failure and edema, having a positive inotropic effect on cardiac muscle.’
- ‘A direct positive inotropic effect and an increase in the refractory period also have been postulated as possible antiarrhythmia mechanisms of spironolactone.’
- ‘The authors attribute the mechanism of these findings to the neurohormonal benefits of digoxin at lower concentrations, as opposed to the harmful inotropic effects that occur at higher dosages.’
- ‘It seems that the capability for carefully manipulating and combining agents for use in both inotropic and vasodilator actions has improved our ability to manage previously refractory patients.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.