Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The action of inoculating or of being inoculated; vaccination.‘inoculation against flu was readily available’‘a course of inoculations’
immunization, vaccination, vaccine, injection, boosterView synonyms
- ‘The inoculations under question were injected from containers with multiple doses of the vaccine.’
- ‘There's even great advice on immunizations and inoculations.’
- ‘This value seems to be in good agreement with the experimental results for low dose inoculations for this strain.’
- ‘You will get help on how to apply for your visa as well as recommendations on vaccination and inoculation.’
- ‘And even if you're still undecided about pet insurance, make sure to take your dog in for regular inoculations, boosters and screening tests.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.