One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who runs an inn.
landlord, landlady, hotelier, hotel owner, hotel keeper, proprietor, manager, manageress, hostView synonyms
- ‘A man was sitting there speaking to the innkeeper, other patrons carried on at their tables.’
- ‘She left with a wave to the kind innkeeper and stepped outside into the morning air.’
- ‘They pulled on their packs, put on their boots, pulled up their hoods, and paid the innkeeper with silent swiftness.’
- ‘Not only has she been seen several times, she has even talked to the innkeepers and certain guests.’
- ‘Still distraught, he finds more than a shoulder to cry on when his innkeepers introduce him to Mandy, a beautiful nurse.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.