One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The silent expression of conscious thought to oneself in a coherent linguistic form.
- ‘This provides evidence for impaired use of inner speech in those with autism.’
- ‘Because without the inner speech, you can't mediate you own thinking, and therefore you can't mediate your own behavior.’
- ‘While one child completed a naming task, the other children were asked to do the same task, using inner speech.’
- ‘It requires simply that we witness the flow of thoughts in inner speech without controlling it but also without being ‘carried away’ by it.’
- ‘The writer starts with a meaning plainly in mind, and hears it rendered in inner speech.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.