One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1An area of the Pacific Northwest including parts of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana, which shares many geographic and economic features.
- ‘Despite these drawbacks, though, transit use remains low in the Inland Empire.’
- 1.1 Any of various other areas so designated by their residents, especially the older, eastern part of greater Los Angeles.
- ‘The results are broken down by six geographic regions for California: North Coast / Sacramento; Bay Area / Silicon Valley; Central Coast / Central Valley; Los Angeles; Orange County / Long Beach; and San Diego / Inland Empire.’
- ‘It is located just off the famous Route 66 near the San Gabriel Mountains in the Inland Empire.’
- ‘In 2002, the Los Angeles Times called the Inland Empire of Riverside and San Berdo the capital.’
- ‘He is a leading researcher on the neurobiology of trust and is in the process of raising money for a new Center for Brain Studies in the Inland Empire.’
- ‘In the late 80's, they used the local physicians of the Inland Empire of southern California.’
- ‘In California we see growth in the Inland Empire - Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.’
- ‘Locations in the Inland Empire were chosen because they were known to have relatively high levels of pollutants, while northern communities were chosen because they have lower pollution levels.’
- ‘In many ways, the region, known as the Inland Empire, is the polar opposite of places like San Jose - its economic drivers are mundane industries such as housing construction, warehousing, and diversified manufacturing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.