Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A printer in which the characters are formed by minute jets of ink.
- ‘In fact, if the book is long enough, and you're using an inkjet printer, you're probably paying nearly as much just in ink and paper costs.’
- ‘What is different today is the awed hush over the assembled crowd as it witnesses an amazing technological marvel: A land record copy being spewed out by an inkjet printer.’
- ‘Viscosity is a word that you will rarely see mentioned on ink cartridge sites, still it is a very important word when it comes to purchasing the appropriate ink for your inkjet printer.’
- ‘The program includes a color inkjet printer, which features art-quality resolution, to each elementary, middle and high school in the district.’
- ‘When shopping for an inkjet printer you should ensure that you take into account the cost and availability of replacement inkjet cartridges.’
- ‘And I can buy a new inkjet printer for less than half that.’
- ‘To be quite honest, I've seen better prints come from an inkjet printer.’
- ‘For today, inkjet cartridges in low-priced printer provide the average household with all the affordable printing from their inkjet printer they need.’
- ‘With a color inkjet printer, you can immediately print out your images, or you can quickly import them into an image-editing program to crop, color correct, or otherwise improve them.’
- ‘Miller uses an inkjet printer to print out his compositions.’
- ‘Now it's even easier to configure your inkjet printer to get more accurate colour printing.’
- ‘As we'll see, however, the price of an inkjet printer is of little importance in the final cost analysis.’
- ‘The inkjet printer is a popular choice for printing and is used in a variety of settings worldwide.’
- ‘He invested in a digital video camera with an eye to making video, but found himself fascinated by enlarging still images on multiple pieces of paper on his inkjet printer.’
- ‘But not everybody has an inkjet printer capable of printing photos.’
- ‘A special inkjet printer squirts the date onto the label as it moves past the print head.’
- ‘It was too bad someone had just borrowed my color inkjet printer, so I was unable to find out the actual print quality of this camera.’
- ‘I own a few guitars that they can have and an old inkjet printer.’
- ‘The advantage of this process is the fact that a print is not made up of individual pixels, as with an inkjet printer, which makes the image appear far less pixelated, at least, in theory.’
- ‘We had a particularly pleasing customer the last few days, who bought a cheap inkjet printer which was more than enough for his needs.’
inkjet printer/ˈiNGk ˌjet ˌprin(t)ər/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.