One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘You need to take certain oaths, read prescribed texts, pass tests, and undergo initiatory rites.’
- ‘Before explaining some of the events that I witnessed and participated in while in this performance space I would like to return and examine the temporal states of this initiatory experience.’
- ‘While these two terms declare themselves throughout, their strife is a contentious collusion, less apocalyptic than initiatory.’
- ‘In that great initiatory arc of my life, I stood, in a wedding reception line facing the great archetypal losses: death of a loved one, end of an affair, and passage from youth to - what?’
- ‘The cult of Mithras was an initiatory, ‘mystery’ tradition whose enthusiasts could largely be found in the Roman army.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.