One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A portable device for administering a drug which is to be breathed in, used for relieving asthma and other bronchial or nasal congestion.
- ‘The lung deposition achieved with different inhalers depends on particle size as well as inhaler technique.’
- ‘There are many ways to control asthma and inhalers are only one.’
- ‘She did not mind who knew that she had asthma or that she used inhalers.’
- ‘He tore open the package and produced the inhaler, a device he would get very used to in the coming years.’
- ‘Members who use inhalers or have asthma should contact their doctors if they have questions.’
- ‘Medicines that can cause palpitations include asthma inhalers and decongestants.’
- ‘What are the best inhalers and can a primary care physician prescribe them or does it need to be done by a specialist?’
- ‘She has asthma and has been prescribed a preventive inhaler to use daily, plus a reliever to use if necessary.’
- ‘You should also check regularly to make sure there's plenty of medicine left in the inhaler.’
- ‘Text messaging alerts can also be useful to remind women to take their contraceptive pills or people with asthma to use their inhalers.’
- ‘Nicotine replacement products are available as gum, patches, inhalers, nasal sprays or lozenges.’
- ‘It is important to know how to use inhalers properly so that the drugs reach the air tubes and are not just deposited in the mouth or throat.’
- ‘These products come in several forms: gum, patches, inhalers and nasal spray.’
- ‘Now diagnosed, Kirsten is on medication and uses an inhaler to help her breathe.’
- ‘The drug is a legally prescribed element within inhalers taken by asthma sufferers.’
- ‘He jogged back to his car and drove away, ignoring his wheezing need for his asthma inhaler.’
- ‘Press down on the inhaler to release medication as you start to breathe in slowly.’
- ‘Horus gasped, chest heaving as he fumbled in his pocket in search of his asthma inhaler.’
- ‘The most common asthma inhalers, also known as bronchodilators, contain the drug albuterol.’
- ‘If you have any side effects from the inhaler, be sure to tell your doctor right away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.