One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘You will be fêted and your ego stroked; ingratiation will be the first approach.’
- ‘It was the pursuit of total ingratiation with the media and it sort of bothered me a bit.’
- ‘Nor did she apologise for the desire to be admired: it didn't appear to be an act of approval-seeking ingratiation but rather one of aggressive confidence.’
- ‘Recycling is useful both as incantation and as ingratiation.’
- ‘Exclamation marks suggest a certain unflattering ingratiation, especially in letters written to strangers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.