plural nounMedicine Zoology
Substances taken into the body as nourishment; food and drink.
- ‘Unstretched components were measured before removal of ingesta to reduce variation in measurements associated with elasticity of those organs.’
- ‘The foregut as defined here should be composed of ingesta and fish-derived material including digestive enzymes.’
- ‘Rapid rate of ingesta passage is well documented.’
- ‘In this case there was no ingesta found, therefore no further tests could be carried out for toxicology.’
- ‘Correlations detected for the April and June dates, but not May, may be related to moisture content of ingesta at these times.’
Early 18th century: from Latin, things brought in.