One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A taxonomic category that ranks below a suborder.
- ‘Our analysis places them as a basal clade in the infraorder based on a cervical groove that does not cross the midline of the carapace and the loss of the fractosternate condition.’
- ‘Our phylogenetic analysis demonstrates that glyphcoids are legitimate members of the infraorder Astacidea and defines their relationship to other taxa within the clade.’
- ‘The more familiar spiders are grouped into the suborder Opisthothelae, which is itself divided into two infraorders.’
- ‘Glaessner employed the classification scheme of Moore and McConnick that included 66 families of fossil and extant decapods arrayed in 18 superfamilies, 8 infraorders, and 2 suborders.’
- ‘A large clade composed of taxa from the infraorders Anomura, Thalassinidea, and Brachyura is defined at node 54.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.