Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A taxonomic category that ranks below a subclass.
- ‘I'm animal, my phylum is chordata, my subphylum is vertebrate, my class is mammals, sublass theria, infraclass eutheria, within that I'm a primate, and within that I'm human.’
- ‘The taxonomic rationale for placement at the infraclass level is discussed in Brower.’
- ‘We performed phylogenetic analyses of introns from species from four avian orders that are representative of the two infraclasses within Aves.’
- ‘In all cases, a representative of the mammalian infraclass Metatheria was designated as an outgroup.’
- ‘Names of infraclasses and cohorts within Neornithes are shown.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.