One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Permission granted in the knowledge of the possible consequences, typically that which is given by a patient to a doctor for treatment with full knowledge of the possible risks and benefits.
- ‘Regrettably, the very same design meant that it was not possible to obtain the informed consent of the patients.’
- ‘The clinic also tells patients that the risks are so unknown it does not think informed consent is possible.’
- ‘Recent case law on malpractice litigation and informed consent has been incorporated.’
- ‘Doctors commit themselves when they obtain the patient's informed consent.’
- ‘All patients gave informed consent, and the study had full ethical approval.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.