Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A consumer of information.
- ‘If we are truly committed to student-centered learning, then empowering students to become effective informavores is a worthy goal.’
- ‘Informavores will keep clicking as long as they sense (to mix metaphors) that they're "getting warmer" -- the scent must keep getting stronger and stronger.’
- ‘If they're right, their results could help others design websites and search tools that are as alluring to informavores as flowers are to bees.’
- ‘Put simply, the key point is that our biology means that "we are designed by evolution to be informavores - epistemically hungry seekers of information.’
- ‘I was pleased to read today about treating web visitors as informavores - foragers for information.’
From informa(tion) + -vore.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.