Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A consumer of information.
- ‘Put simply, the key point is that our biology means that "we are designed by evolution to be informavores - epistemically hungry seekers of information.’
- ‘If we are truly committed to student-centered learning, then empowering students to become effective informavores is a worthy goal.’
- ‘I was pleased to read today about treating web visitors as informavores - foragers for information.’
- ‘Informavores will keep clicking as long as they sense (to mix metaphors) that they're "getting warmer" -- the scent must keep getting stronger and stronger.’
- ‘If they're right, their results could help others design websites and search tools that are as alluring to informavores as flowers are to bees.’
From informa(tion) + -vore.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.