One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study or use of systems (especially computers and telecommunications) for storing, retrieving, and sending information.
- ‘Progress is especially rapid where information technology and molecular genetics are important.’
- ‘These days Williamson is again on the trail of telecommunications and information technology.’
- ‘Primary and technical schools lack computers and access to information technology.’
- ‘Table 10.1 shows some technological capabilities offered by information technology.’
- ‘What changes will the new genetics and information technology bring?’
- ‘Increasingly, information technology is seen as a cost of doing business.’
- ‘The rapid expansion of information technology is also closely interwoven with transport systems.’
- ‘When they take industrial action, they intend to disrupt information technology systems.’
- ‘Computers and information technology were a particular focus of the stories elicited.’
- ‘The information technology and booking systems will be upgraded.’
- ‘I know the school is bidding for specialist status in information technology and mathematics.’
- ‘The source of these changes is the telecom and information technology sector that is growing and evolving on Internet time.’
- ‘He administered and oversaw the telecommunications and information technology systems for the company.’
- ‘Can multimedia and information technology come to the rescue of law and justice?’
- ‘I am probably one of the few people in the House with a degree in computer science and information technology.’
- ‘Kim did not try to quantify how much information technology contributed to that gain.’
- ‘The National Computing Centre promotes the effective use of information technology.’
- ‘Textiles, electronic goods, and information technology are the principal exports.’
- ‘There is also an obvious need for improvement and tighter controls in information technology systems.’
- ‘There is a clear need for better information systems and better use of information technology within the health service.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.