The study of processes for storing and retrieving information, especially scientific or technical information.
- ‘In the non-academic world, information professionals don't necessarily possess an advanced degree in library science, information science, or a related field.’
- ‘But the connection between information science and physical processes appears once we think about events on the quantum scale.’
- ‘The first international paper competition invited submissions about practical collaborative applications of digital libraries or information science and technology in developing countries.’
- ‘What information science takes from anthropology, in my view, is but a small, generally nonscientific, portion of the corpus of research.’
- ‘These questions and more have crossed disciplinary lines, from ethics, public policy, social science, and law to computer security and information science.’