One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A turning or folding inwards; an inward fold.
- ‘The head region of the embryo is demarcated anterior to the node by the head fold, an infolding of the blastoderm composed of both ectoderm and endoderm.’
- ‘The mouth and pharynx are derived by a secondary infolding of superficial ectoderm called the stomodeum.’
- ‘For example, most metazoans go through a developmental stage called a gastrula - a ball of cells with an infolding that later forms the gut.’
- ‘The ductal structures showed an irregular outline with infoldings of the glands.’
- ‘In the octopus eye it is formed by an infolding of the surface cells on the head, which become thickened to form eye components.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.