One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A defensive player who is positioned in the infield, playing first base, second base, third base, or shortstop.‘the infielder made a sliding catch near the foul line’
- ‘The Rangers wasted no time moving the young infielder up the ranks.’
- ‘With the infield back, your infielders have their normal range.’
- ‘He showed tremendous pop for a middle infielder, slugging 16 home runs in 72 games that year.’
- ‘The star infielder, who hit .345 in 86 games last season, is batting .167 this spring.’
- ‘The Red Sox acquired the infielder from the Phillies on Aug. 31.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.