One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The presence of an unusually large number of insects or animals in a place, typically so as to cause damage or disease.‘infestation with head lice is widespread’‘efforts were made to deal with an infestation of rats in the building’
- ‘A residual treatment may be applied to clean bin surfaces to protect incoming grain from insect infestation.’
- ‘Late raspberry cultivars tend to be more prone to beetle infestations than early cultivars.’
- ‘Not all continuous cornfields have economic infestations of corn rootworms.’
- ‘Heavy aphid infestations, lacking predator activity, may warrant rescue treatment.’
- ‘These grass mite infestations have been seen in some cornfields in western Nebraska.’
- ‘Determine the level of infestations in your fields immediately.’
- ‘Scent traps are recommended to monitor potential cutworm infestations in dry edible beans.’
- ‘Given the dry conditions this year, early-season infestations may be more likely to become established.’
- ‘Presence of insect predators, which often control infestations, should be noted.’
- ‘These areas are likely to have higher numbers of corn flea beetle infestations this year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.