One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The presence of an unusually large number of insects or animals in a place, typically so as to cause damage or disease.‘infestation with head lice is widespread’‘efforts were made to deal with an infestation of rats in the building’
- ‘Scent traps are recommended to monitor potential cutworm infestations in dry edible beans.’
- ‘Given the dry conditions this year, early-season infestations may be more likely to become established.’
- ‘Determine the level of infestations in your fields immediately.’
- ‘These areas are likely to have higher numbers of corn flea beetle infestations this year.’
- ‘Heavy aphid infestations, lacking predator activity, may warrant rescue treatment.’
- ‘A residual treatment may be applied to clean bin surfaces to protect incoming grain from insect infestation.’
- ‘These grass mite infestations have been seen in some cornfields in western Nebraska.’
- ‘Not all continuous cornfields have economic infestations of corn rootworms.’
- ‘Late raspberry cultivars tend to be more prone to beetle infestations than early cultivars.’
- ‘Presence of insect predators, which often control infestations, should be noted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.