One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was conventionally thought that ‘naked DNAs’ in a molecular state which are separated from cells showed no bioactivity (particularly infectiveness).’
- ‘Further studies with longitudinally collected throat wash and saliva specimens from a larger number of SARS patients would help determine the onset and duration of infectiveness.’
- ‘We are regularly told that head lice only transfer on prolonged head to head contact, that head lice off the head lose their infectiveness, and that wet combing is ineffective.’
- ‘The researchers have cloaked adenovirus with mannose and showed that the normal broad infectiveness of adenovirus is switched off, and that instead it is re-targeted to macrophage cells.’
- ‘The area of high-magnitude electric field causes disruption of cellular membranes and leads to a loss of cell viability and infectiveness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.