One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The animals living in the sediments of the ocean floor or river or lake beds.Compare with epifauna
- ‘High densities of organisms that bind the sediment and modify wave-induced erosion potential can also mitigate wave disturbance effects on other infauna.’
- ‘Reichardt found algal fragments on both sides of the Peninsula and suggested that algal material provided an additional carbon source to deep water benthic infauna.’
- ‘In prior studies, we have argued that changes in sediment surface chemistry driven by biotic and physical disturbance affect recruitment decisions of infauna.’
- ‘These sediments are often bioturbated by an infauna that lived in them.’
- ‘Bivalves first appeared during the early Cambrian as part of a shallow infauna.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.