Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The obstruction of the blood supply to an organ or region of tissue, typically by a thrombus or embolus, causing local death of the tissue.
blood clot, embolism, embolus, infarctionView synonyms
- ‘In the Dutch study, the excess of deaths from myocardial infarction and stroke was seen only in men.’
- ‘Need for cardiac care was determined by the presence of angina, myocardial infarction, and coronary risk factors.’
- ‘The primary outcome was the composite end point of myocardial infarction, stroke, or cardiovascular death.’
- ‘Patients with acute coronary syndromes are at high risk of myocardial infarction and death.’
- ‘Three quarters of all deaths from myocardial infarction occur after cardiac arrest in the community.’
- ‘Arterial disease leads to ischaemia or infarction within affected organs.’
- ‘Cardiogenic shock is the commonest cause of death after acute myocardial infarction.’
- ‘Secondly, exertional angina can progress to unstable angina, acute myocardial infarction, or death.’
- ‘Yet fewer than half will have a final diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction or unstable angina.’
- ‘The efficacy of thrombolysis after acute myocardial infarction differs by age.’
- ‘The most prominent findings associated with Zygomycetes infection were invasion of blood vessels and tissue infarctions.’
- ‘The syndrome can develop because of infection, infarction or a combination of the two.’
- ‘Modification of risk factors is therefore vital to reduce death from myocardial infarction and stroke.’
- ‘One good example of this is the use of thrombolysis in acute myocardial infarction.’
- ‘What about intentionally giving thrombolytic drugs after myocardial infarction?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.