One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Until 1894 when Vermont reported 132 cases, poliomyelitis, also known as infantile paralysis, remained rare.’
- ‘For this reason, it was known as infantile paralysis.’
- ‘Pearl can also pluck vivid pictures out of the past of the polio epidemic, or infantile paralysis epidemic, as it was called in her day.’
- ‘As a child growing up in Bradford he was struck down with both infantile paralysis and rickets.’
- ‘The school would have sat empty for the first four months of 1925 as an infantile paralysis epidemic swept across the country.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.