One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As a child growing up in Bradford he was struck down with both infantile paralysis and rickets.’
- ‘Pearl can also pluck vivid pictures out of the past of the polio epidemic, or infantile paralysis epidemic, as it was called in her day.’
- ‘Until 1894 when Vermont reported 132 cases, poliomyelitis, also known as infantile paralysis, remained rare.’
- ‘The school would have sat empty for the first four months of 1925 as an infantile paralysis epidemic swept across the country.’
- ‘For this reason, it was known as infantile paralysis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.