One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In early state societies, child-rearing was predominantly infanticidal.’
- ‘Nor does Harris spend any time pondering, for instance, the infanticidal teachings of prominent philosophers and ethicists (such as Princeton's Peter Singer) who share Harris’ ‘rational’ utilitarian perspective.’
- ‘It can trick its way to getting more food, for example; a female chimp can ward off an infanticidal male from her kids with the help of alliances.’
- ‘Although infanticide trials commonly ended in a conviction for the lesser crime of concealment of a birth or a straight acquittal, some infanticidal mothers were acquitted on ground of insanity.’
- ‘He famously failed to defend the infanticidal Minnie Dean, the first and last woman to be hanged in New Zealand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.