One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some were major untruths, others simply mischievous inexactitudes.’
- ‘Why the inexactitude given his propensity for precision, I'm not sure.’
- ‘Their behaviour during an ordinary weekend of vacation abroad was misinterpreted and reported with grave inexactitudes.’
- ‘In the 17th century, ‘certain great whales’ were defined, with biological inexactitude, as being ‘royal fish’.’
- ‘But despite their inexactitude, there are consistencies in happiness studies that suggest that differences in people's internal ‘happiness metres’ tend to come out in the statistical wash.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.