One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The local is thus not conceived as existing inertly against a backdrop of global forces, but rather as constructed through this dynamic.’
- ‘Barbaro is seen clearly distressed and confused, the lower part of his injured leg flopping inertly.’
- ‘Collective memory is a people's heritage and also its energy; it does not merely sit there inertly, but it must be activated as part of a people's identity and sense of its own prerogative… to understand who we are and what we are doing.’
- ‘One hand splayed inertly before her while the other clenched tightly beneath her abdomen.’
- ‘When the two walked inside, they saw Kalent still sitting on the floor asleep and Cerinnae resting inertly on the bed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.