One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Incapable of being wrong.
- ‘You are right in saying that the various Hadith are not always accorded the same weight, but I have taken the above straight from the Qur'an - considered by all Muslims to be the inerrant word of Allah.’
- ‘A literal, inerrant understanding of the Bible is still demanded in some parts of the Lutheran family.’
- ‘Our saving faith is not built on the finding of Noah's Ark, but on the inerrant Word of the infallible creator God.’
- ‘We believe that the Scripture is from beginning to conclusion the very word of God, inerrant and inspired by the Holy Spirit.’
- ‘And the more we can debate, the more we can debate in good faith, and understand that maybe there's not just one answer, there is not just one inerrant answer, I think the better off we are going to be.’
Mid 19th century: from Latin inerrant- ‘fixed’, from in- ‘not’ + errant- ‘erring’ (see errant).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.