One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Land is supremely characterized by its inelasticity of reproducible supply.’
- ‘The two extreme categories of perfect inelasticity and perfect elasticity are generally of no empirical interest, but usefully bound the value of an elasticity.’
- ‘The inelasticity of food production drove up prices, while the inelasticity of industry pushed down wages.’
- ‘I think the steel market and the oil market are fairly comparable when it comes to inelasticity.’
- ‘And the issue there is what I would call the continuing geographical elasticity of the Republican coalition and the relative inelasticity of the Democrats’.’
- ‘Furthermore, it should be realized that the inelasticity criticism applies only to the single tax, not to a land-value tax imposed as one tax among others.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.