Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not producing the desired effect.
fruitless, vain, pointlessView synonyms
- ‘But though it is not absolutely efficacious under all circumstances, it is of great potency always, and rarely inefficacious.’
- ‘The ambitious but inefficacious poor soul has tried his best.’
- ‘Then I just started wittering in a pretty inefficacious way at the Carribean customer service woman.’
- ‘Several writers argue that terrorism is generally inefficacious, strategically counterproductive and unsuccessful in attaining socio-political objectives.’
- ‘Functionalism certainly does not imply that the mind is inefficacious.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.