One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Orangutans, gorillas, and their ape relatives, meanwhile, will ineffectually thrash around in deep water or simply gurgle and sink.’
- ‘I spent the day in a deep funk, ineffectually shuffling around my office in an unproductive, sleep-deprived, hangover-tinged haze.’
- ‘I'm the only candidate who's shown the bold leadership to support and oppose it, in both cases ineffectually.’
- ‘But the idea that these pundits' failure to disclose is the real problem is to swat ineffectually at flies.’
- ‘Because it was so poorly planned and ineffectually executed, there are those who fantasise about what better leadership might have accomplished.’
- ‘I spend the night with Polish engineers and local salmon-filleters, collecting anecdotes and dancing ineffectually with someone's giddy aunt.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.