One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Unable to be erased or forgotten.
inherent, innate, inborn, inbred, congenital, natural, native, constitutional, built-in, ingrained, deep-rooted, inseparable, permanent, indelible, ineradicableView synonyms
- ‘The last of the author's five premises is belief in the intrinsic importance, the ineffaceable worth of life on this earth.’
- ‘The ineffaceable quality of these early pictorial and literary impressions affords the strongest plea for good art in the nursery and the schoolroom.’
- ‘Like in other parts of the world, the devastation the killer waves have caused along the coastal belt of the district has left ineffaceable scars in society.’
- ‘We have the deep ineffaceable shame of our treatment of the indigenous people from that moment on.’
- ‘He confided once that it had been a visit of singular and unclouded happiness which left an ineffaceable impression.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.