One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Unable to be erased or forgotten.
inherent, innate, inborn, inbred, congenital, natural, native, constitutional, built-in, ingrained, deep-rooted, inseparable, permanent, indelible, ineradicableView synonyms
- ‘He confided once that it had been a visit of singular and unclouded happiness which left an ineffaceable impression.’
- ‘The last of the author's five premises is belief in the intrinsic importance, the ineffaceable worth of life on this earth.’
- ‘We have the deep ineffaceable shame of our treatment of the indigenous people from that moment on.’
- ‘Like in other parts of the world, the devastation the killer waves have caused along the coastal belt of the district has left ineffaceable scars in society.’
- ‘The ineffaceable quality of these early pictorial and literary impressions affords the strongest plea for good art in the nursery and the schoolroom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.