One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘With both defences working industriously they succeeded in minimising scoring chances during the first half exchanges.’
- ‘But seriously, let us highlight the efforts of those who industriously earn the moolah, which buys them that great pair of shoes that they absolutely must-have.’
- ‘Upon this platform a small pack of roadies work industriously, hurrying back and forth with effects pedals and bottles of water.’
- ‘They spent hours copying things out of books and don't know how to learn industriously on their own.’
- ‘There were few fluent passages of play and only sporadic excitement in a game where the players worked industriously for a point apiece.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.