One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area of land developed as a site for factories and other industrial businesses.
- ‘The industrial park essentially was rigged to explode.’
- ‘The tribe's principal industries are agriculture, industrial parks, and recreational parks.’
- ‘Older students catch the same bus to school that drops off first-shift workers at the industrial park.’
- ‘The majority of sites are well-positioned, near to existing industrial parks.’
- ‘The council has just purchased an industrial land bank linked closely to the existing industrial park in the town.’
- ‘Suburban office and industrial parks and shopping centers competed successfully with central business districts, dispersing economic activity over wide areas.’
- ‘Then subdivision began, and housing tracts and industrial parks started to replace fields and barns.’
- ‘He said a livestock market was a special case because it would not normally be built on an industrial park or in an area of housing.’
- ‘But one year after the invasion, many of his neighbors in the industrial park have gone out of business.’
- ‘This web of generating technologies will serve an industrial park and a few nearby residences, and even feed surplus power back to the main power grid.’
- ‘As in industrial parks, the businesses can share management, space, operating equipment, maintenance and even advertising expenses.’
- ‘Brussels wants the projects to open up new sites for businesses such as industrial parks and to produce innovative and competitive enterprises.’
- ‘The truth is different, since many industrial parks actually expanded, and Juxi Industrial Park in Huaxi town is a typical example.’
- ‘One afternoon, I arrive at his furniture workshop, in an industrial park in Kommetjie, a half-hour drive from the city.’
- ‘He believes that there would be a lot of interest among industrialists in such an industrial park.’
- ‘In addition, he said, around £40m of previously announced money will help with the construction of a new industrial park in the region.’
- ‘Because of this, the government will continue efforts to construct and develop science-based industrial parks, he said.’
- ‘We've got some new industrial parks opening up shortly; maybe we could put his name on one of those or part of the highway.’
- ‘Always providing that the nature of the proposed industry is acceptable in environmental and other terms, this is very good news for the new industrial park.’
- ‘The remaining 40 were moved to an industrial park in a suburban area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.