One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Spying directed toward discovering the secrets of a rival manufacturer or other industrial company.
- ‘The lower levels of management warn them about industrial espionage committed by other gangs.’
- ‘In this report we review case histories of industrial espionage publicized in the media and in Congressional hearings.’
- ‘Careless talk - in airport lounges or pubs - is a godsend for practitioners of industrial espionage.’
- ‘French and Spanish naval architects, for instance, resorted to industrial espionage to steal the construction secrets of ships such as the Victory.’
- ‘Workplace safety, industrial espionage, theft and criminal activity, rather than terrorist threats, often are the main security issues in commercial office buildings.’
- ‘There is the risk of e-commerce transactions being intercepted and industrial espionage, with sensitive commercial data being stolen.’
- ‘What we know of the Indian dyeing techniques is largely the result of industrial espionage.’
- ‘Photographic industrial espionage, all very exciting and lucrative.’
- ‘They are now expected to be interrogated by police involved in the major industrial espionage investigation.’
- ‘The KGB also helped economic development through industrial espionage abroad.’
- ‘If you are concerned about having your phone calls intercepted by government agencies or are afraid of industrial espionage, digital encryption is the answer.’
- ‘The software also sent back a ‘worm’ to track the source of the attempts at industrial espionage.’’
- ‘Well, some of the big things they're after include industrial espionage, trying to shorten the time to market for Russian companies of high-tech items.’
- ‘Insider trading should be regulated by existing criminal laws that prohibit industrial espionage and the theft of trade secrets and sensitive commercial information.’
- ‘It seems as if a number of renowned companies fell victim to an industrial espionage attack through custom-written Trojan horses and viruses.’
- ‘I've decided I'm taking the route of industrial espionage because doing it about spies and stuff can create some limits, or so I've been told.’
- ‘The fact that employees are being asked to sell their accident books is a serious breach of contract and amounts to industrial espionage.’
- ‘‘Only where sensitive data is sent outside via cable or radio can a communications surveillance system be used for industrial espionage,’ the report says.’
- ‘The government eventually rescinded the decree, but if it had remained, foreign companies would have faced the threat of industrial espionage by the government.’
- ‘I comment, lowering my voice ‘Believe it or not, industrial espionage exists - even at our paltry level of commerce.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.