One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sound system in which a loop of wire around an area in a building, such as a theater, produces an electromagnetic signal received directly by hearing aids used by the partially deaf.
- ‘The hall has a brand new kitchen, a stage, entrance hall, toilets for the disabled and an induction loop for the hard of hearing.’
- ‘An induction loop has been installed for hard of hearing crew members and wide flat wide decks and powered lifts mean that there is access throughout for wheelchair users.’
- ‘A Highways Agency spokesman said induction loops - special sensors fitted in the road's surface - will count the number of vehicles using the road.’
- ‘Each screen also has an induction loop system that enables customers with hearing aids to enjoy films.’
- ‘There will also be complete access for the disabled and wheelchair bound players as well as an induction loop to help the hard of hearing.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.