Heating of a material by inducing an electric current within it.
- ‘Argon was extracted in a molybdenum crucible by melting through induction heating with a metal line.’
- ‘Fully pearlitic malleable iron may be surface hardened by either induction heating and quenching or flame heating and quenching.’
- ‘Our furnace uses induction heating in which a controlled high-frequency magnetic field induces electrical currents in the platinum.’
- ‘The heat supply medium includes a metallic body for induction heating, which is provided with a magnetic field to produce an eddy current.’
- ‘Rapid induction heating methods to conventional commercial forging temperatures of 1250°C are acceptable.’