One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Briefly, if pests attack infrequently and defense chemicals are energetically costly, selection should favor low basal levels but high inducible levels.’
- ‘However, in response to the combined cues from both predators, mussels expressed neither inducible defense and had significantly reduced tissue growth.’
- ‘This can be achieved by changing the expression of a single sugar-specific repressor, causing a sugar-specific operon to become more or less inducible.’
- ‘In the eukaryotic genome, SP1 binding sites are well-known enhancer elements in genes with ubiquitous, yet inducible gene expression.’
- ‘However, antigen testing may yield false-negative results due to the phenomenon of inducible resistance and depend on the presence of cultured isolates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.