Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The study of Indian history, literature, philosophy, and culture.
- ‘Scholars from India, Europe and other countries visited it to study different aspects of Indology.’
- ‘Much of the piecing together of the outline chronology that I have followed in this book was undertaken by pioneer scholars in the field of Indology.’
- ‘The Asiatic Society of Mumbai has instituted six fellowships of one-year duration in Indology, Social Sciences, History of Maharashtra and on an area concerning Japan.’
- ‘Panini's grammar, the science of pronunciation, etymology, Indology and Yoga were all included in the curricula.’
- ‘German self representation is so low key that the sustained interest in Indology often tends to go unnoticed and unsung.’
- ‘However, there were several outstanding scholars in Egyptology, Indology, and Celtic languages and cultures.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.