One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compound which is an acetic acid derivative of indole, especially one found as a natural growth hormone (auxin) in plants.
- ‘A bacterial substance known as indoleacetic acid may play a part in sprout inhibition.’
- ‘One was identified as indoleacetamide and the second, indoleacetic acid.’
- ‘Here we show that the plant hormone indoleacetic acid (IAA) induces adhesion and filamentation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae.’
- ‘In addition, various combinations of the following hormones were also added: naphthylacetic acid, 3 - indoleacetic acid, with 6-benzylaminopurine or kinetin.’
- ‘The plant hormone auxin (indoleacetic acid) plays a role in specifying the pattern of root cells, and mutations affecting its localization lead to root defects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.