One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- former term for Indo-European
- ‘To Lenormant, Egyptians were ‘Japetic,’ while Courtet found them Indo-Germanic or Indo-Semitic, in any case ‘Arian.’’
- ‘Oriya and Assamese language are contemporary, have their roots in the eastern Magadhi group of the Indo-Germanic family.’
- ‘The terms Indo-European and the older Indo-Germanic and Indo-Celtic aptly described the spread of the language families from India to Britain and Iceland.’
- ‘Might this be an Indo-Germanic rebuttal of Orwellian Newspeak?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.