Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Unable to be dissociated.‘the three fundamental and indissociable features of market capitalism’
- ‘Yet this very activity is indissociable from making our thought answerable to the world.’
- ‘Here the argument is indissociable from its structure of presentation.’
- ‘Such assumptions, indissociable from a danger of arbitrary power, would have serious consequences which the court cannot overlook.’
- ‘The blood-spattered breeze-block wall stands as grisly testimony of the violence which, apparently, is indissociable from this family's fragile celebrations.’
- ‘Taboo-breaking and boundary-crossing become indissociable.’
- ‘The fight against war is indissociable from the fight against the system that breeds it, as it breeds all forms of violence.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.