One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting the group of Indo-European languages comprising Sanskrit and the modern Indian languages which are its descendants.
- ‘Oriya's one of the more obscure of the Indic scripts in Unicode.’
- ‘An additional 439,239 people reported speaking other Indic languages, such as Punjabi, Bengali and Malayalam.’
- ‘Since the Buddhist Canon is written in the ancient Indic language of Pali, Pali functions as the sacred or religious language of Thai Buddhism.’
- ‘Gypsies speak Romany, an Indic language of the Indo-European language family.’
- ‘The mangling of his name is partly due to an inability of certain English speakers to pronounce the ‘dd’ sound common in the Semitic and Indic languages.’
The Indic language group.
- ‘Here there are two basic religious ideologies, traditions or whatever one might like to call them - Indic and Semitic.’
- ‘If there are applications in Indic, operating system vendors will build the fundamental capabilities in, and if they are built in, there will be more applications.’
Via Latin from Greek Indikos, from India (see India).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.