One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting the group of Indo-European languages comprising Sanskrit and the modern Indian languages which are its descendants.
- ‘Oriya's one of the more obscure of the Indic scripts in Unicode.’
- ‘The mangling of his name is partly due to an inability of certain English speakers to pronounce the ‘dd’ sound common in the Semitic and Indic languages.’
- ‘Gypsies speak Romany, an Indic language of the Indo-European language family.’
- ‘Since the Buddhist Canon is written in the ancient Indic language of Pali, Pali functions as the sacred or religious language of Thai Buddhism.’
- ‘An additional 439,239 people reported speaking other Indic languages, such as Punjabi, Bengali and Malayalam.’
The Indic language group.
- ‘If there are applications in Indic, operating system vendors will build the fundamental capabilities in, and if they are built in, there will be more applications.’
- ‘Here there are two basic religious ideologies, traditions or whatever one might like to call them - Indic and Semitic.’
Via Latin from Greek Indikos, from India (see India).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.